1. Am I eligible to open account with PL?
Yes, if you a Resident Indian or a Non-Resident Indian, you can open an account with us.
2. How do I open an account with PL?
You may click on the “Open an account” button on our website to begin the account opening process. The process shall not take more than 15 minutes if all requisite documents are in hand. Once the account details are verified against the documents by us & In-person verification process is completed, your account will be activated.
However if you do not have an Aadhaar number, then you may fill out the online form, take a print and send it to us, duly signed at all places marked on the form alongwith self attested proof documents. Once the account details are verified against the documents by us & In-person verification process is completed, your account will be activated.
3. What type of accounts can I open online?
You may open your (a) Equity / Derivatives Trading (b) Demat (c) Commodity (d) Mutual Fund Trading accounts with us thro online
4. Is it Mandatory to open both, Equity & Commodity Accounts?
If you wish to trade in Commodities only then you may opt for Commodity account.
5. What are the basic documents required?
• Proof of Identity - Your PAN Card
• Proof of Residence (Only if you are not verified by KRA, or you have modified the address mentioned in your KRA details) - Your Aadhaar Card / Passport / Driving License / Electricity bill / Telephone bill / Ration card
• Proof of Bank Account - Personalised cancelled cheque / Latest Bank Statement with is not older than 3 months from the date of account opening with us
• One passport size photograph
• If you wish to trade in derivatives, you will need to provide the previous year’s IT return document or a bank statement showing transactions made in the last 6 months
6. What if my PAN details don’t match with application name?
As per SEBI requirement, PAN is mandatory and the name of the applicant should match with that on the PAN Card or that recorded at Income Tax. In Online Application, the name of the applicant is picked from the Income Tax website directly and account is opened in that name only.
7. How can I open a Paperless Account?
Paperless Account Opening is facilitated thro a valid Aadhaar ID. We will fetch your authenticated KYC details namely Name, Address, Photo & Signature from UIDAI database & open your account on real time basis. There will be no physical filling of Account Opening Form and your Account Opening, Funds Transfer & Activation will be done online.
8. What is Aadhaar number?
Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique identification number that stores demographic and biometric information of the resident with photograph issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) on behalf of Government of India. Aadhaar serves as a proof of identity and address, anywhere in India.
9. Why do you need my Aadhaar number?
Aadhaar Number is required to authenticate your application. Your KYC is electronically authenticated by your digital signature as provided by UIDAI
10. What is Aadhaar Authentication KYC?
Aadhaar Authentication KYC is an electronic way of doing real time KYC of a prospective customer using authenticated information as available in his Aadhaar Card. Based on customer’s Aadhaar number and biometrics/OTP, electronic copy of customer’s identity i.e. Photograph, Signature and Address details, as present in UIDAI database, are downloaded with customer’s consent.
11. What if I don’t have Aadhaar number or what if Aadhaar details are incorrect?
In both cases, you can still open an Online Account. Your details shall be picked from KYC Registering Agency (KRA) if you are registered with them. If not registered you can enter all the relevant details & attach scanned images of your PAN Card, Address & Bank Account proofs. However in such cases, you will have to take print of the Account opening Form and send the same, duly signed, to us alongwith self-attested proof documents
12. I do not use the mobile number linked to my Aadhaar Card, what can I do?
You will have to opt for non-Aadhaar based Account Opening process for opening your Trading & demat account. In the meantime, please update your latest Mobile number at Aadhaar office.
13. How can I view my details mapped in Aadhaar?
14. How can I change my contact details / Address updated in Aadhaar?
15. Can I use mobile no. or email-id other than the one registered with Aadhaar for Account Opening?
You require Aadhaar mapped Mobile No. or E-mail ID for One Time Password verification sent by UIDAI
16. What is e-Sign?
E-sign refers to Electronic signature or Digital signatures. An account opening form has to be authenticated and can be processed only after it has been signed by the client. In paperless Account opening, digital signature of the applicant as updated in UIDAI database is fetched and affixed electronically to authenticate the paperless Account opening form. The e-sign is triggered on completion & verification of Online Account Opening form and is then validated after One Time Password verification by the applicant.
17. What is IPV?
As prescribed by SEBI, it is mandatory to conduct In Person Verification (IPV) of the person opening account with us. IPV refers to the confirmation of physical existence of the applicant by the Intermediary. In absence of face to face interaction in paperless account opening, IPV is done by way of real time video recording of the client through web camera.
18. How long will the activation process take?
Immediately on completion of In-person verification process, the account is activated. In case of authentication of form thro Aadhaar Biometrics, the activation process is completed immediately on completion of form verification process.
19. What if I don’t have documents right now?
The Account opening process shall be delayed in case the documents are not made available at the time of registration. Unless the scanned images of documents are attached to the form, we shall not be able to verify & activate the account
20. What if I already have a Demat account with another Depository?
Demat account needs to be opened with PL if you are using our Online Trading Platform. Your accounts opened with other DPs can be mapped to your Trading Account separately post account activation.
21. What if I don’t want to open a POA account?
POA is a specific POA and gives limited authority to the stock-broker to give instructions to your DP to meet your sale/margin obligations. Although not mandatory, it is preferable to give POA to your stock-broker for ease of operations. If you have executed a POA executed in favour of your stock-broker, you need not give debit instruction slips to the DP every time when there is a sale/margin obligation in your account. The securities limited to sale/margin quantity shall be delivered from your account by the stock-broker.
22. Can I open demat account with joint-holders?
Presently there is no provision available to open demat account with joint-holders in e-KYC mode. To open demat account with joint-holders, you may have to give physical Account Opening Form. However you may appoint Nominee to your account.
23. What do I do if I am not able to upload the requisite documents?
The images must be in .jpg format. In case you are unable to upload the document images, please get in touch with our CustomerCare centre at 1800-xxx-xxxx
24. Can I add nominee post account opening?
Yes you may add/delete/modify nominee to your account post activation. For this you will have to download the Nomination Form from our website & submit to our office.
25. Can I change my details post account opening?
Except for Name in your Trading & Demat accounts and adding of joint-holders in demat account; you may change/modify your details post account opening. For changes in details you will have to submit KRA-KYC change form or Account Modification Form alongwith self-attested proof documents wherever required
26. How will I know if the form is accepted or rejected?
Post submission of form online, you will get a notification on your mobile & E-mail ID regarding status of the application. In case of any rejection, you will also be alerted of the reason for such rejection which shall have to be corrected at your end & re-submitted to us.
27. What do I do if I do not receive the Welcome Kit post account activation?
Welcome Letter is sent at your registered E-mail ID on the next day of activation. Physical Welcome Kits including the DIS booklets are usually dispatched within 3 working days from our end thro Registered AD Post. In case you do not receive it within 15-20 days of activation of account, please get in touch with our Customer-Connect Desk at 022-66322366 or e-mail at email@example.com
28. What are your Account Opening charges?
There is no Account Opening charge for opening a Trading & Demat account.
29. What are your Demat Account charges?
AMC & Transaction charges applicable to your Demat account vary as per Scheme opted by you. Please refer the Tariff Charges available on our website
30. Are there any other hidden charges?
There are no hidden charges. All brokerages & charges applicable are available in the Tariff sheet attached to the Account Opening Form.
31. Why do I have to transfer the funds online before opening the account?
Funds transfer is just an acknowledgement of your interest in opening the account. On account activation, this entire amount would be credited to your ledger account.
32. How do I transfer funds?
If your Bank account is available in our registered bank list, then you can transfer funds thro our Payment Gateway Option. Or else funds may be transferred through RTGS/NEFT option.
33. Can I start trading immediately after making payment?
You may start trading almost immediately post activation after you have uploaded the proofs and completed the In-Person Verification process.
34. Can I get a refund if I decide not to open an account with you?
YES, should you decide not to open account, you may ask for a refund by calling our Customer-Connect Desk at 022-66322366 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with your transaction number.
35. Which banks can I use to transfer funds?
You may transfer funds through any of the ____banks with whom we have tied up. The list of Banks shall be displayed in the A/c Opening Form.
36. When will the payment get credited to my account?
On account activation, this entire amount would be credited to your ledger account.
37. What do I do if I am unable to find my bank’s branch in the list?
Enter the Bank Name and search for the IFSC code of your bank’s branch in the search pane. In case you are still unable to find the branch, please get in touch with our CustomerCare centre at 1800-xxx-xxxx
38. Is all of this safe?
Our Payment Gateway for Internet Banking is absolutely safe and secure. Almost 95% of our clients use this facility multiple times on a daily basis to transfer funds for trading/investing.
39. How to resolve any issues in account opening?
Should you have any query or need more clarification while filling out the Online Account Opening Form, please get in touch with our CustomerCare centre at 1800-xxx-xxxx
40. What is meant by Unique Client Code (UCC)?
In order to facilitate maintaining database of their clients and to strengthen the know your client (KYC) norms, all brokers have been mandated to use Unique Client Code linked to the PAN details of the respective client which will act as an exclusive identification for the client. Usually the Trading Code is treated as UCC of the client by Intermediaries.
41. What is a Risk Disclosure Document (RDD)??
Risk Disclosure Document outlines all the potential risks associated with trading in securities market. It is mandatory for all intermediaries to provide RDD for trading in respective segments i.e. Equity, Derivatives, Commodity etc. It is advisable for first time investor to go through RDD before investing.
42. What is your call and trade number / Customer Connect number?
You may call our ______________ at _____ for offline trading. For other details & routine queries, you may call our Customer-Connect Desk at 022-66322366 or e-mail at email@example.com with your Trading code
43. How much safe is my User ID & Password?
User ID & Password generated at the time of filling out Account Opening Form cannot be used anywhere post account activation. Once your account is activated, you will be provided another User ID (usually your Trading code) & Password to trade online, view your trade details from our back-office system etc. This User ID & passwords must not be shared with anybody and should be kept confidential with you.